Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bethany's Recipe


Today I took a stab at Bethany's recipe for Cheesy Garlic Chicken 'n Spinach Twist! I must say, it was extremely successful and probably the best thing I have ever baked. I didn't really get the twisting method right, but it was still very tasty. I altered it a bit, using turkey bacon instead of bacon, half goat cheese instead of all cheddar, no onions, and substituting the dressing with garlic parmesan alfredo sauce. Hudson and Tara seemed to like it well enough, and I will certainly be feasting on it during lunch tomorrow.

Here is her recipe! You should try it. It's impossible to fail.

Cheesy Garlic Chicken ‘n Spinach Twist (I made that title up myself)

prep time: 25 minutes start to finish: 45 minutes

1 box frozen spinach

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/4 onion, finely chopped

3 cloves garlic (or less if you are a pansy)

3 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled

1/3 cup chicken, finely chopped & cooked

3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1/4 cup Garlic Parmesan salad dressing

2 cans Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls

1 egg, beaten

1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)

1. Heat oven to 375. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. cook spinach in microwave as directed on box. Drain spinach, cool 5 minutes. Carefully squeeze with paper towel to drain well.

2. In skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until crisp-tender. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach, bacon, chicken, cheese, and dressing.

3. Unroll dough on cookie sheet and pinch seams to seal. Following this method, spread mixture on rolls and add almonds on the top, seal, and twist. Brush with egg.

4. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm.

4 comments:

  1. yay! looks like you did a great job! I bet the goat cheese was delicious...

    glad to see you got a job, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! I want to try... but knowing me... I will probably fail! ;)

    ReplyDelete